The Selling Process
When you are ready to sell your home, a strong understanding of the current real estate market and the home selling process will position you for success. A lot of sellers want to maximize the return on their investment and sell their property for the highest price possible while some want to sell their home with the least amount of hassle. Working closely with the seller to understand their needs, allows Murray & Co. to ability to offer a tailored approach to the sale of your home.
The Process Step-by-Step
- Seller Consultation- During this meeting, you will discuss the entire selling process from start to finish. Including identifying your goals, explaining the selling process, a unique pricing strategy for selling your home, and a room by room tour to discuss recommendations for updates as well as staging to maximize the marketability of the property.
- Listing Agreement- The Listing Agreement comes next with a discussion covering items such as price, disclosures, fees, and commissions.
- Go Live- This is the day when your property is pushed live to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). This service alerts other Realtors and potential buyers that your home is for sale. The MLS also feeds your listing directly to our website along with the other large home buying websites to help maximize market exposure.
- Showings- After your property goes live on the MLS, other agents will start requesting showings of your home for their clients. Each tour of your property is conducted by a licensed real estate agent.
- Offers and Negotiation- Once an offer is received, your Realtor will work closely with you to review all terms of the offer, discuss negotiation strategies, and both parties have agreed to the terms of the sale, your agent will facilitate the needed signatures so your property can be under contract without delay.
- Under Contract- Once you are under contract, there are several timelines Murray & Co. will help you be aware of such as the buyer’s financing and home inspection timelines, HOA/Condo Document review, or any other form of contingencies agreed upon by the buyer and seller upon going under contract.
- Repair Requests- In the event the buyer has elected to do a home inspection and delivered a list of requested repairs to the seller, Murray & Co. will work closely with you to discuss the requested repairs as well as make sure the requested repairs are completed by the settlement date.
- Settlement- Once the repairs are addressed, all contingencies are satisfied, all that is left is for the sellers to wait for settlement. During settlement or closing, as it is often referred to, both the buyer and seller meet with the buyer’s chosen title company, where the official paperwork transitioning the ownership from the seller to the buyer is signed. The final signatures on the paperwork bring the selling process to a close.
If you are ready to discuss the sale of your home, give us a call, text, or complete the contact form and we will give you a call to schedule a time to meet with an agent and get the ball rolling on the sale of your property.