May 18, 2021
The tax sales are out in Frederick County!
Today, I am going through the tax sale list in Frederick County, MD to see if there are any opportunities for either a flip or long term rental. There were over 320 properties to go through and I was able to review two markets: the detached properties in Monocacy Village and the condo market in Whittier. Both markets were fast paced and below are the highlights:
In Monocacy Village:
- One year ago, properties were being sold between $270,000 – $285,000
- In today’s market, properties are selling between $335,000 – $350,000
- Properties are in demand receiving multiple offers as noted in the remarks of the listings
In the Whittier Condo Market:
- One year ago, properties were being sold between $180,000-185,000 and staying on the market for 21-26 days
- Rental price ranges for condos are $1,455 – $1,470
- Two important notes
- Typically condo properties are less liquid than fee simple
- Condo and HOA fees could vary from building to building or association to association
Education opportunities coming up:
- Acredited Buyer Representative Cource coming up on May 24 and 25 in Arlington, VA
- 35% off all courses for a limited time at our CE Shop course: https://mcre.theceshop.com/
Connect with me:
? Homepage: www.mcre.com
? Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pmurrayrealty/
? Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pmurrayrealty
? YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJGkkbMkRp235-N4JlXnw7Q
? Twitter: https://twitter.com/pmurrayrealty
? Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/pmurrayrealty
Take Real Estate Classes here:
? Queen Academy of Real Estate: https://queenacademyre.com/
? The CEShop: https://mcre.theceshop.com/
About me and the ?
Hello, I’m Peter! I have been in the real estate industry since 2013 and because of the help and support from my fantastic friends and family, I was able to start one of the only independent real estate brokerages in the area. We are located in Maryland and serve clients nationwide. So cool!
At the end of the day, I want to be able to lead a life where I have time for my family, I am able to help others, have fun in life, and support the community through education, connections, philanthropy, and advocacy.
Tune in to our future videos and subscribe here:
Equal Housing Opportunity