Meet Peter Murray, REALTOR®
Peter Murray is a Realtor® and the principal broker at Murray & Co. Real Estate, serving several counties throughout Maryland including Montgomery, Frederick, Washington, and Howard. There are a couple of guiding principles that make Peter stand out from the rest. The first is his moral compass; as a result integrity has become a top priority along with sharing as much information and knowledge he can with both his clients and other Realtors.
In 2013, Peter became a Realtor and over the past several years, Peter has developed a passion for the real estate industry. This passion allows him to help his clients, community, and other local Realtors alike through professionalism advocacy, and philanthropy. It has led him all over the local, state, and national real estate landscape where he continues to learn, support, and give back. Throughout his real estate career, Peter has had the opportunity to:
- Advocate for home ownership rights as the Frederick County Association of REALTORS Board Liaison for the Frederick County Association of REALTORS Advocacy Committee.
- Participate in several real estate and business leadership programs.
- Complete several leadership programs including:
- The Leadership Frederick program offered by the Frederick Chamber of Commerce
- The Maryland REALTORS Leadership Academy
- Peter is currently participating in the National Association of Realtors Leadership Academy
- Contribute and hold several leadership roles within the Frederick County Association of Realtors, where he is currently a member.
- Help his clients have a great experience during their real estate transactions.
- Use his numerous real estate relationships across the nation, to find great Realtors for his local clients who are relocating out of state.
- Act as the go to for many Realtors with their own clients relocating to the Maryland area.
Peter strongly believes education for both his clients and himself is the rate-determining factor between a good real estate experience and a great one. As a result, he spends several hours with each client explaining the buying and/or selling process along with what they can expect along the way. Unless it is your birthday, nobody likes a surprise! Peter has found a full understanding of the process leads to very little, if any surprises along the way, making the transaction as hassle-free as possible.
As a graduate of Montgomery County Public Schools and the University of Maryland, Eastern Shore, it is not surprising Peter values education. Last year, Peter completed his national training certification to become a Realtor educator and instructor. Since obtaining his instructor certification, Peter has taught many certification and designation classes to Realtors across Maryland to help them build their business and increase their professionalism. Better-trained Realtors provide their clients a better experience, which is very important to Peter, even when the clients aren’t his. Helping others be their best, also motivates Peter and drives his mission to give back to his community.
A lover of life and all things adventure, Peter lives just outside of Downtown Frederick with his wife, three children, and their dog Patrick. Patrick is Peter’s unlicensed real estate assistant who often finds his way into Peter’s marketing materials. Helping people with their Real Estate needs remains his focus and is what keeps Real Estate a passion and not just a profession for Peter. He continually strives to demonstrate what it means to be a REALTOR®.
“My mission is to help others with their real estate needs. I do this by developing long-term relationships with my clients and other real estate professionals. My focus is always on getting my clients what they want, at a price they want, with the least amount of hassle.’ explains Peter.
“I have been fortunate to be educated by some of the best REALTORS® on a local, state, and national level. I am so grateful to have been able to learn from the best, which has allowed me to help all of my clients. My goal is to advance our industry by sharing the knowledge I have gained from REALTORS® across the country with my colleagues in Maryland.” say Peter Murray.
SRES®, PSA®, AWHD®, e-PRO®, and ABR®